1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Who Buys Harley's Then

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Speed, Jan 26, 2019.

1. I have owned a few an iron souped up boober, an old 1340 FXDR and a newish softail slim, nice noise, most people dont acknowledge you, always scraped exhausts lol, and didnt enjoy the half coat brigade so at least I feel I can have an opinion, but looking at the range now they are so expensive and quite honestly I was starting to wonder who will buy them in the future, heavy, expensive, poor handling, expensive parts, its a nice brand non denying that but I would never buy another, anyone else feel the same

2. Thread moved

3. I'd never buy a Harley. I've ridden one & that was more than enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  4. Ive got one:D Only had it a year or 2, Rode it once and its been with my dad ever since, Its not my thing that's for sure but he absolutely loves the thing, This is the bike, Its changed a little since buying it, Low bars + changed the rear end a little, Bought it from the fraudsters in the photo,
    Suppose if you was looking for a comfy bike to relax on and take in the scenery its going to be spot on but that's not what im after :laughing:
    I will be sticking with the streetfighter and 888 for my fun

19959114_1011440785625751_8898326465568987028_n.jpg

5. 70A0D18B-A4C5-4CD1-9089-D56EADB50C99.png AD9481D0-091C-4851-83DD-75DEB2F4B338.jpeg I’ve a 1978 flh1200 police special I bought off a nice forum member on here when I put an ad up looking for a classic Ducati ,

6. First bought one around 10 years ago I think, it was slow, noisy and handled like a bag of shit,

002.JPG

but I liked it, just wasn't ready to go that slow at the time so it was sold after a couple of years.

Bought another a few years ago and yes this one is also slow, noisy and handles like a bag of shit, this time round though I enjoy getting on it when I feel like a change of pace, getting old I think :).

IMG_20170416_125402 (2).jpg

As far as new ones go , I'm about as interested in them as I am in new Ducati's, that would be , not much at all.
    They've also been having a few problems with the new M8's with oil migration and sumping.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Why not? You like it. You want it. Buy it. Enjoy it.

And Harley have great following

• Like Like x 3
  8. I guess they've got their slot in the market.

Definitely not my bag though. Neither are laced up leather jeans. Fekkin weirdo's... :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Don't forget the tassels :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Ex Bikers , Pissers & people with a tassel fettish

11. I needed to slow down - I could still take my brain out and leave it on the kerb, while I had the Ducati.

Mine.....No tassels or fringes - can't stand them.
    HAGSHOCK2.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I think it's more of a lifestyle than just the bike... I've a few "friends" who have them..... seem to take over their lives.

AND to be fair when I couldn't get any DUCATI riders to come to Ride to the Wall I rode up with a gang of them.... really bullies they were, couldn't stop taking the piss. Like I was the emperor with new clothes!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bikers eh!

15. Very nice I'VE got a Fat Boy took it to Scotland last summer bit of a culture shock from the Multistrada

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Each to their own (2 Harley’s, 2 Ducati’s and 1classic Triumph).

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I have been looking at one of these for a bit and trying to decide if i'm old enough yet (just turned 60). Would look good next to my GSX-R 750 tho.

pre_t8234500b53502a0d5c9bd45ab97ba90_0fb58a0bb4ea.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. I signed a gagging order back in 1999 regarding my first buell s1 lightning with continuous problems and received a brand new Road king value £18k F.O.C,Knocked out 3000 enjoyable miles and then sold it back to the dealer a year later for a profit:) love the look and sound of a Harley Engine but NOT the patchs:rolleyes:

19. To the Harley forum?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information