1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Who Went To A Bike Meet Over The Weekend ?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Dibble, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Come on, own up, who decided it was a great idea to pitch up at Loomies, Box Hill, Matlock, H Cafe or whatever your local bike meet is over the weekend for a good old chat over a cuppa?

Fancy explaining your reasoning for being an absolute cockwomble ?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Who is going to own up to that :joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Not us. 90 odd miles through some lovely Test valley back roads in splendid isolation. Didn’t see another bike until we hit a main road and even then, only in ones or twos. Stopped at a burger van all set up with hand wash and personal space and only us as customers. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. I thought exactly the same but reading this forum nothing surprises me any more.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Realising it might be a good while before I go out again on the bike, I went on my own for a blast, in doing so my trip took me past the local cemetery, the amount of people paying their respects to the dead mothers on Mothering Sunday was unbelievable
    Wise words @Dibble
    Cockwombles.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wtf is a cockwomble ?? Asking for a friend :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I went for a ride on Saturday but no stops except once for fuel (where I wore a plastic glove to dispense the petrol) and today, with my mate Martin and we stopped 3 times to stretch our legs. I kept my helmet on at all times (it's new and fastening the button on the strap is a royal fucking pain anyway) and we kept at least 2m between the two of us. And again when I filled up on the way home I used a plastic glove to dispense fuel.

Am I a cockwomble? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. As long as you don’t start a gang war on here

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. cockwomble (countable and uncountable, plural cockwombles) (Britain, slang, derogatory) A foolish or obnoxious person. (Britain, slang, derogatory) Patriarchal or patronising discourse, particularly between men. (Britain, slang, derogatory) The results of any patriarchal or patronising discourse or behaviour. Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I went out Sunday on my own to get some food, travelled quite a away but then the shops around here are empty because of the other cockwombles (or the very same cockwombles) who bought all the food. saw a few groups of riders out in 4’s and more, a lot more on their own though. Didn’t stop other than for the food and didn’t need fuel so a pretty much out and back ride.
    Does that make me a cockwobble or womble?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Went to the petrol station and back. 2 miles tops.

12. Free range cock wombles. 90452778_10157323928913985_237365276033679360_n.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Apparently Squires was packed out too - what prats !

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. you meant cunts?

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Had a lovely solo 120 miles rural Ride on Saturday. I have responsibilities within a MC club and I advised the Sunday pre planned ride of 15-20 riders be postponed. Quite a few objectors so it was agreed it’s instead a ride of individuals and not in the name of our club! Washed the bike on Sunday, gave her a hug and put her away, feel it may be a while until we are re acquainted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I did about 100 miles on my own on Sunday. Filled up at a Tesco pay at pump, the gloves stayed on. Took a bottle of water with with in case I fancied a drink in case I fancied a drink.

I agree with @michel couque - could be a while before I go out again so will need put the bike to bed for a few months.

17. There were no gloves left when I refuelled at Tesco’s, they have all been nicked!!!

18. at the petrol station in my neighbourhood, youd be lucky to leave with ya own gloves...

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. I did think about going there but decided against it. I thought there'd be too many cockwombles there.
    So I got the bike out in the back garden in the sun, fitted my 'new' seat and did an oil change. And a few other small jobs...

20200321_173133.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. All that plastic... Was it recycled? Half of one glove kills seven turtles, or twenty if they are small. Best not tell Greta!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information