1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100 So Who's Buying One?

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by El Toro, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Which model are you going to get and why? :)

2. I'm torn between the Sport and a Multi 1260S. But the thing that will make me decide is how/if I can live with the Multi given the gradients of getting in and out of our courtyard. And being a hobbit the Multi could be difficult for me to manoeuvre comfortably.

3. If you are a hobbit, I'd be more concerned about what you are going to do with your feet :D. Andy

4. My drive is a bit sloped, I push it to the edge going out. Something you get used to :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buy the multi and move to a house with a regular drive. Hope this helps. :)

6. It is true people...

If I'm not mistaken, someone caught @El Toro stoking the BBQ at Jens Forum BBQ earlier in the year!

9d3bffc7c1d6e67428adf2bce83a624b.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. Really like the looks, I’ll have a sit on one at the NEC on Saturday but it’s all about the test ride of course so I’ll book one with Ducati Nottingham when they get one in.

8. I've ordered a Scrambler 1100 Sport today :)

Delivery isn't until May 2018 though :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. You PX your classic?

10. so enough time to come to your senses then?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. You little devil you :upyeah:. The wait is going to be hard though so hopefully you can get a test ride to alleviate the jitters when they get a demonstrator in :). Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's the plan........unless you fancy it? :)

PM me if you do ;)

13. what's it worth? Just thinking with what I would save in razors, wearing op shop trousers and 2nd hand lumberjacks shirts , by Nov 18 i should have it covered..
    with enough left to customise it ( and have a wash)

14. That's 6 days ago Chiz, so not worth a lot then I guess :thinkingface:

15. Went to the NEC today had a good look at the 1100’s, very nice, they’ve sorted the seat, switch gear is much nicer than the 800, the only thing I didn’t like is the tank looks really wide when you’re sitting on the bike, that’s probably cos I’m so used to how my 800 looks though, so it’s just wait for a test ride to see if I like the way it rides now.

16. Ordered the 1100 sport

• Like Like x 1
  17. Me too

• Like Like x 1
  18. I have Icon which I spent another 2 to 3K on customising and doing suspension

So I can see that one staying in garage - I like the look of 1100 - but not sure there is enough power to make me swap my Multi for it :) and owning 2 scramblers seems a bit pointless... but never say never to buying one of these too.

19. I genuinely love my Classic. It's a great bike. I've had a blast on it discovering roads and places I never would on my Panigale. The only reason I'm chopping it in is because it's coming up to three years old and I've always done that.

The 1100 I believe won't be be massively different performance wise I don't think but the toys it has on takes it to another level for me. Things like the cornering abs, ride modes, etc plus having the bigger tank will be useful too.

The Scrambler is my do everything bike. I expect the new 1100 Sport to be more of the same and a bit more.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information