1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ducati dad, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Why are so many people these days starting any sentence they say with "So"?

Is this the new "Basically"?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Basically....yes :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. So what do you think ?

I think it is both a question and a challenge.

4. It's as if a 13 yr old is talking. Don't forget to use "Like" every other 3rd word

• Like Like x 1
  5. Some seem to have lost even the ability to speak and can barely manage a shrug of the shoulders and a sound made by keeping the mouth closed while trying to speak

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I personally like yeah no,straight after each other.Used alot by footy players.

• Like Like x 1
  7. My favorite is when some fecking idiot punctuates a basic sentence with "yeah". Like it's a question and you must be the dumb arse not understanding them!
    "I wash having a shit, yeah"
    "Forgot to pull me trouser down first, yeah"
    :Muted::pompus:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. How about "You know?" or "You get me?" at the end of sentences.

• Like Like x 1
  9. not speaking and shrugging their shoulders? for others looking in that could be seen as good thing. :smileys:
    so, more importantly why does it matter? for a site that endears to a brand that promotes individuality (pre VW :Angelic::smileys:) why do we need to conform to a single style of speaking/writing? can we not be bilingual? by bilingual i mean all the regions of Britain ans Scotland. old and new.? better together? get some bilingual on yo ass. :upyeah::smileys:

10. Obviously is another :rolleyes:

Obviously basically it's sick yeah

• Like Like x 1
  11. What are you going on about finamin :Jawdrop:

12. i have no idea. :Hilarious::smileys:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. So basically obviously your sick

• Like Like x 1
  14. What is 'boss' that's boss or it's boss.

This post is 'boss'

15. boss is the name given to prison guards
    so, this guy phones work and says "i cant come in to work today im sick"
    so, says the boss "how sick are you?"
    "pretty damn sick" says the man "i am in bed with me sister" :Hilarious::smileys:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. The first word in Beowulf, the earliest work in Old English, is "Hwaet". This is sometimes translated into modern English as "Lo" or "Hark", but Seamus Heaney in his brilliant translation chooses "So."

As Heaney puts it, "... the particle 'so' comes naturally to the rescue, because in that idiom 'so' operates as an expression which obliterates all previous discourse and narrative, and at the same time functions as an exclamation calling for immediate attention. So 'so' it was."

I couldn't have put it better myself.

• Like Like x 2
  17. oh.. so you where saying DB?
    :smileys:

18. NI poet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hate the over use of the word 'like'. Seems to mostly come from the yoof! however

Do Not Sell My Personal Information