1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sol Buys A Hyper Rve

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by samieb, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Hello All,

Just wondering anyone seen this yet about SOL buying a Hyper?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Who is he?
    Why should we care?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Geoff have a look here :- Recently did an interview with Foggy

He is Paul Wallace - SOL stands for Supercars of London, a Youtuber for many years moving into bikes.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/sol-and-foggy.83321/

4. Matey at the end.
    “ great bike, you can keep these for years, do everything.......... when you are ready come back and buy a Pani “

5. Sorry, It may be a generational thing, but youtube influencers talking about stuff, while getting paid to promote other stuff does nothing to convince me of their credibility. I know everyone has to make a living but if you are any good, why not put in the hard graft and become a motoring journalist.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Kinda on the fence with SOL, he’s another one of these London lads/lasses who seem to have money behind them but need something to do. I’m not saying they aren’t working hard, but I don’t think he’s depending on 200k views just to pay this months mortgage. I also agree with the paid promotion thing.

however that doesn’t bother me as much as them doing actual adverts for things in videos (normally VPN) even though I have a premium subscription to not have to deal with that shit... sorry, separate thread

7. As you say, one is an awful lot easer than the other ......

8. Meh - personally most You tubers do it for the views.....theres not many you tubers that have (whatever they bought) 5 years later....the usually way it goes is....

[Buying the bike/car] - "this is the best thing ever...!" or along those lines....

(approx 6 months/ a year later)

[Then comes the - im thinking of something else...] - "Ive always wanted "put bike/style of bike here"....

(Then comes the "reveal")

And then play it all out again a year or so later...eg how many bikes has BVG had...?

Edit - i just played the first 2 seconds...fuck me what a cheesy grin....not sure i can continue...and just to add to all of that - i think its the culture now...i think every other fucking advert is buy a car and have it delivered to your door/garage/bathroom....whatever...so there must be enough people out there to warranty so many shitting car adverts...

#8 comfysofa, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Some YouTube are pretty good. Usually the ones who have done it from the start.
    Sadly most are now people getting paid by advertisers and promoters. Even the decent new ones seem to end up in the promotion thing very quickly. Its cheap advertising.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information