1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solutions For Storing Motorcycle Leathers In The Garage

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by damodici, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Moving house next week and I could do with a more robust and tidy solution for storing my motorbike gear in the garage.

Ideally not something ridiculously expensive but in terms of what I have the list is below.

1 Piece Alpinestars for track
    2 Piece Dainese leathers
    2 Piece Dainese textiles
    Helmet, Gloves and Boots

Are there storage racks or something that don't take up huge amounts of space?

FYI ikea wardrobes implode under the weight.....literally just now they did

2. I have an old canvas outer one, ribe with shelves on the side, probably about £30 from Argos. Works perfect.

Only thing is, if not very dry and ventilated, you will get mound on clothes and I wouldn’t store helmets ther in winter. I use those little bags that often come with new bike kit and litter those around to try and reduce mould.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. #4 Wayne58, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I have in the past used either decking planks or a scaffold poll from the left to the right of the garage at the back wall which has allowed clothing and all kinds of things to hang off them as a quick fix till something cheap and permanent came along

5. Get a pair of hammock hooks for the wall. Put loops in each end of a rope and hang it on the hooks. If you don't want dust on the leathers use a black bin liner as a cover. Simple.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  6. I have a set of Newage cabinets. (I think you can still buy them at Costco).

Anyway, you can buy the units individually and I use one as a "wardrobe" for motorcylcling and cycling gear.

IMG_5705.JPG
    IMG_5706s.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. “Ideally not something ridiculously expensive”

Not sure that fits the OP bill ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Classic @bradders :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Too quick for my edit ;)

It’s this drag-down number select on the iPad. Seems I have a habit of dragging down an i and making an 8 and same with an e and a 3

10. I don't think the individual units are tbh* :thinkingface:

*Ignore "GaragePride" They are the Sheffield of garage furniture. :mad:

11. Holy shit that looks more like Batmans cave :neutral:

Nice :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Why didn't you get them all the same height?

13. Personal preference. I could put the wall cabinets at whatever height I liked. I prefered to have a lot of height available on the workbenches.

user236892_pic45373_1417274398.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg

26093_1_Flv_1280x720_thumb_1.jpg
    new-age-cabinets-reviews-fanti-blog-pertaining-to-prepare-11.jpg

14. I think I would have found taller wardrobe type ones so I could get a lot of height available on the workbenches and a normal look? Each to their own... Maybe you need one of these guys to give your style a look over?
    Puppy.jpg

• Crap Crap x 1
  15. You missed the magic, the height of the wall units was defined by the beer fridge, important stuff needs logistics

16. You might have a point. But since theres only two cans & one glass, I don't think in this case its a big concern!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information