1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooner Rather Than Later? The E-ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duke63, Jan 19, 2019.

1. It's inevitable at some point.

2. So aerodynamics on an electric bike doing 140mph are different to one’s on a petrol engined bike according to the prototype, bit daft and bollocks but they need it to look out of this world different I guess

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Save them for the neXt generation,not for me thanks:mask:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. swear.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. forks off of a 1098, swing arm from a 959, ffs parts bin special..

6. I wonder if they will fit a power resistor right under your nuts to simulate the rear exhaust?

7. And don't even get me started on the Lead Acid upgrade to the Lithium batteries....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Threads merged

9. To me a bike is about so much more than just looking the part. It has to feel and sound right. I'm afraid riding around on an overpowered hoover will never work for me, if it becomes the only option I'd rather not bother:(

10. Popular thread this :bucktooth:

11. I would love an electric bike if they could guarantee 300 miles range with the ability to use the power at will, instant 100% torque must feel amazing, they’ll get there eventually but for me it would always be something to own in tandem with petrol powered bikes, I’m sure I’d miss their ‘character” etc if I went electric only.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lolly pop sticks will get popular again. Oh & a spoked front wheel to fit it to.

13. Far canal you lot get excited over nothing fairly easily! That thing in the article linked was something built by a university as some sort of conceptual design and it looks like Ducati lobbed a few bits and pieces at them to help them out. Domenicali rides a Hypermotard or something with a Zero battery/motor grafted into it. What they pop out in a couple of years may well just be something like a monster with a plastic box where the engine sits now.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information