1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Source For Rear Brake Linkage Bolt To Retain Spring

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by tboooe, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Hi folks. I want to replace the rear brake linkage bolt that is also used to retain the return spring (see image below #13, red circle). The part # is 821.1.273.1A. Ideally I would like to replace the OEM linkage with a nice rod end (SKF perhaps) and M6 bolt to get rid of the slop in the brake lever but I need to find a bolt that has the feature on the head that can retain the spring. What is a bolt like that called?

InkedRear brake linkage_LI.jpg

2. Thank you for the reply. What I am looking for is an M6 bolt that will fit in the bore of a 6mm rod end that has the spring retention head feature. The Ducati OEM bolt has a 9mm shoulder and the SKF rod end I want to use only comes in 6mm, umm, and 10mm bore. I hope that makes sense.

3. How about a Nyloc nut wound up to within a few mm of the head of a M6 screw.
    The gap between the head of the screw and Nyloc nut would provide somewhere to hook the spring on.

Or two half nuts locked together would do the same thing.

Nasher

4. Yup, I thought about a work around like that but was hoping this kind of bolt was something I could buy and not a custom Ducati one.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information