1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Oxfordshire Test Ride Route Suggestion Please

Discussion in 'Touring' started by gliddofglood, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Tomorrow I am jetting in to the UK and testing a Ducati Supersport and a 959 Panigale. I'm not going to buy either of them, but am accompanying a friend who is seriously looking at a Supersport and wants my opinion.

The test will last 2 hours, apparently, and kicks off from Abingdon near Oxford. I grew up about 10 miles away. So where should we go?

I was thinking of heading to Wantage (where I went to school) then over the Downs to Hungerford - nice open country but then what? That isn't going to take 2 hours. Suggestions appreciated.
    Not required: heavy traffic, low speed limits, gatso cameras. Required: corners.
    Cheers!

2. I'd bring water proofs !

3. Oh dear... Really?

Bummer.

4. Brian will be welcoming you!

5. Take the A40 west then head up to burford and find your way from there :)

6. Weather forecast is not too good - very windy and rain

7. Brian is coming in tonight (am guessing it was Birmingham's turn to name the storm...) so winds up to 50mph inland and lots of rain all day on the west of UK. Maybe go east towards Bedford instead...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Nice ride from Bicester to Buckingham to Aylesbury - depends on traffic though

9. Go to Skins via back roads then Back roads to the Super Sausage

Plenty of tea is what'll be required!

10. Sounds tempting, but I am thinking that we will have to use our 2 hours doing a maximum of riding, even if eating sausage could be a good bet if it starts pissing it down. Forecast doesn't look too bad, but I'll check it out on the Beeb this evening. Thanks.

11. Yes, that could be an option. Many Gatsos on A40 these days? Or do I care? Not my bike, not my country...

12. Yes, that could be an option. Many Gatsos on A40 these days? Or do I care? Not my bike, not my country...

13. Couple of fixed cameras which are obvious but can’t say I’ve seen any.

14. so @gliddofglood , how did the test ride go...? made a purchase yet for export?!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information