1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southern Ireland Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Yoozy, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Now, I live in the middle of nowhere in remotest Galway. I'm struggling to find much Duc stuff over here (10 months). Took the bike into Rosso Ducati for its first service this week, and while I'm happy with what went on it wasn't what I'd call a proper Ducati dealership. Its more of a H€#r/y D showroom with the Ducks tucked away at the back and Triumph the other side. When you walk through the door you'd never even know Ducati were there.
    They do things diferrent over here to say the least, but walking into a bike shop and seeing so much leather and tassels made me a tad nervous tbh.
    There's a place in the north and a lad called Robbie who has a good reputation, but their must me more going on?

2. Robbie is the No 1 independent (fully Ducati Trained) use him when you are out of warranty :):upyeah:
    Have a mate in Dublin with a 1098S Tricolore - quite a few Ducati's over there and many on here too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi Yoozy, it may be a bit far for you to travel but Millsport Motorcycles in Ballymoney, County Antrim are the sole Ducati Dealer up North and are a fantastic dealership. Check out the dealer reviews. They have a great show room, friendly but totally professional staff and provide the best after sales service I've came across. They're also easy to deal with over the phone or email. There's also a few of us from up North on the forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I did look at going up there and stopping over making a weekend of it, but it's been busy here lately. I will probably go up there next time.

As long as there's no leather and tassels.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Plenty of leather, but the right type, and no tassels, lol. If you come up let us know (PM me if you'd prefer) and we'll arrange a meet. We're also thinking of taking a run down South so any tips on the best roads would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1

6. Every road is a new one for me. This was the last decent run out on the Mutley though.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/multistrada-gallery.61/page-57#post-955835

Just had a cracking day in the Wicklow mountains, Sallygap, but that was on a Triumph Explorer 1200 they gave me from Rosso.

I've got a mate with more knowledge than me so if you e anywhere specific I can ask him. Maybe we need an Oyrish meet (piss) up?

7. An Oyrish meet sounds like a plan. :upyeah: Great pics, I was thinking about the Wicklow mountains as I've been there a couple of times but ob 4 wheels and always intended to back on a bike. I work abroad but I'm back home all next month so I'll PM you and we can take it from there. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. There's a posse' going from Galway down to Yougal in Cork the last weekend in September for a night that might be worth tagging on to if you've the time.

9. I'd love to, but unfortunately I travel back to work on Monday 02 Oct, so it's a bit to tight I'm afraid. Had it been the weekend before it would have been a definite.

10. Bloody work gets in the way of everything. And bloody sprogs. First lot all yer time and the second lot all yer dough. :weary_face:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I've used Mototechnic on several bikes, one man independent operation, not flash but well trained and very well thought of, ask him nicely and you might get to see his racing Norton and BSA...his passion is restoration so he knows a rusty bucket when he sees one..

Robbie McGrath
    Mototechnic Unit 52 KCR Industrial Estate, Kimmage, Co. Dublin
    01 4908947

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bring my 749 to Mototechnic for belts/service next couple of weeks. I am based in Limerick

13. Well, I had a right old Barney with Duc Manc before we moved over here over me fogging headlights and got nowhere. When the bike was serviced at Rosso they were fogged as normal and I pointed it out. They took pictures, put a warranty claim in and they are being replaced next week. Nice. (Fingers crossed the new ones are sound)
    Also, the throttle side mirror glass was rattling a bit, you could hear it, no big issue really, seemed secure, just rattling, could become one a spose. Also being replaced. Double niiiice.
    Anyone else had vibrating/rattling mirror glass?

14. i know him well, he's sound out. Nice guy and defo straight up - tells pl how it is ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information