1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spare Wheel Set - Track Use

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by macaroni, May 3, 2018.

1. Was thinking of purchasing a spare set of 2nd hand rims for track days over here in Italy.
    Anyone used a 6" rear wheel with 190 or a 200 tyre installed?

So 6.3mm less clearance either side of the rim which may not be an issue but the width of the tyre may well be.

Anyone tried this set up?

2. May be height rather than width that’s the issue. A 190/60 or 200/55 or 60 is a tall tyre

Is this an 1100 model or later 821? What other model wheels fit (monster, 1098, multi etc) as that may give an indication as to suitability. Does it run 180 or 190 standard?

3. yeah i should have written my set up... its an 821 SP 2015 :

Current wheel / tyre dimensions as standard:
    Rear wheel: 5.5 x 17 // 180/55

i was thinking 200/55 they use on the panigale 6" wheel. If the height is an issue then i could just remove the rear mudguard.

4. I’d check clearance to swingarm too. No idea if it’s a common fit one and another model has the larger wheel, but on 996 variants many can be restricted by it touching, so they have to play with chain length, ride height rod and eccentric hub to get it Ok. Remember, it also expands when ridden so just missing will possibly rub.

If you know a larger wheel on another Ducati fits, maybe best test would be convince someone to let you put it and and have a look/ride round the block?

5. I haven't got anyone who who has the same wheel (here anyway) A guy at work is breaking a 2015 Panigale. Just the basic wheel no sprocket. I'll have to find out if the actual hub is the same first of all.

But thanks for the advice... i'll have to look into this in more depth regarding clearances (SP standard set up) + arm myself with vernier and go into the local showroom to measure up a Panigale to do a comparison. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is a pretty friendly form, with pele who have many bikes in te garage. Maybe someone has got a panigale and the same hyper and could do a wheel swap and let you know? Great thing about SSSA is, as long as you have a stand and a big pole, you can swap a wheel in a minute.

May be worth starting a ‘help - can someone...’ thread ?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information