1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Spark Plug Access

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by flatstick959, Sep 18, 2018.

1. has anyone changed the spark plugs on their panigale and if so did the radiator have to come off?

Service book says you can get the front one via the access panel but some forums posts say you can’t

Anyone actually done it?

Thanks

2. I’m doing the coolant over the winter anyway so if the rad has to come off then it’s no big deal but would rather not have to remove it as I don’t like disturbing hose clamps unless I have too!

3. I will happily send you some photos. What should be a five minute job took me approx 3 hours. I didn't fully take the rad out, but pulled it enough out of the way to get access to the plugs. To access the rad though and be able to drop it you will have to remove the fan and cowling under the lower fairings. I think I have some pictures somewhere so you can see the extent of the job.
    IMG_7614.JPG IMG_7615.JPG IMG_7616.JPG

• WTF WTF x 1
  4. Thanks for that. I didn’t think the access panel would be big enough. Plenty of time over the winter for this one

5. No the access panel isn't big enough I can 100% confirm, but as per the photos you can just remove the rad gaurd and split the rads rather than removing fully and this gives you enough clearance to get the socket and extension bar in. Just remember, you will need a spark plug socket with thin walls too as the spark plug access in the head is very tight.

6. Yeah thanks I’ve got a few spark plug sockets (with the rubber inside to grip the plug)

Plugs not due for another 5k yet but as I’m doing the coolant thought I might as well do them at the same time they weee only £18 for a pair of NGK

7. My bike suddenly started running on one cylinder last Sunday, I’m being told it might be a spark plug issue.

8. Spark plug, or one of the coil pack/ht leads possibly...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information