1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Spark Plug Replacement

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Daniel Howes, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Evening all,
    Having changed my oil over the weekend on my 899 to get it ready for the sunny weather...I also brought a couple of spark plugs to change at the same time. Basically I just ran out of time after doing the oil service yesterday.... I’ve just come out to the garage now after reading the workshop manual to have a quick look. I have removed the cover in between the radiators but am unable to see how the hell the lead will come out in between the radiators....
    Has anyone changed their plugs before and can advise me on how they managed it?
    Cheers

2. One of the most frustrating jobs on the Pani'...... Manual and reality are worlds apart. Should be cover off, plug cap out, swap and put it back together.
    Should read more like, loosen radiator and mounting panel screws, disconnect from fan housing, remove ties holding HT lead, move radiators forward, skin knuckles on radiators trying to get cap out of head. Change plug. Refit all the parts you've just removed..........
    TBH, the plugs don't do too bad. Pull the rear one and inspect it. If it's ok, then leave them. They're good for about 9k - 15k miles in truth.
    If you 'really' want to change them, then put a couple of hours aside.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thankyou for your reply. I will probably have a look next saturday :upyeah::)

4. You weren’t wrong!!! What a absolute arse ache!! But now in and putting it back together....thanks again for your advice

7845FF39-B5D0-46DE-9BEA-BCE360009B37.jpeg 490B8A5A-BF49-4FF3-B74B-615C0AE88DB5.jpeg 6701B2E9-CC54-4F8C-9BFB-D60D3847A4A9.jpeg 7AA96229-3CF8-4D8B-8E08-C033E8E6C626.jpeg 8588D50A-A6DE-4DDC-93EE-3F9FBAFB1688.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. i think i will stick to my trellis framed bikes,,these new bikes are mares:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information