1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculation About Rossi’s Future Are Rife Today

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Android853sp, Jan 29, 2020.

1. I have noticed today that the non official MotoGP social media pundits are beside themselves speculating about a rumour that appeared about a month ago that Rossi and Quattararo will swap rides in 2021, with one pundit (Everything Moto GP) expecting an announcement any time now. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Come on.. I’m not feeling the love in just yet!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Just confirmed by Dorna ! Andy

4. Sorry, on reading the article, only confirms Quattararo to join Vinales. Nothing about Rossi ........ yet. Andy

5. Swapped.....

6. I would just love to see Rossi hand the factory Yamaha team their arses ....
    Like him or not, he IS MotoGP and it will be a pale shadow of now when he eventually quits.
    Marquez and Quart may be good, but they only have a 20th of his draw and personality. The only guy that could have taken over from him was Simoncelli and sadly we lost him :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. About time Rossi retired.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Agree

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Announcement from Yamaha via Jarvis that should he wish to stay on the grid in 2021 either with Petronas or under the VR46 banner they will provide him a full factory bike, engineering support and contract, win / win for all as the old boy decides if he can still mix it at the level he wants .... if he does stop racing he will ambassador the sh** out fo the brand whilst building his post career legacy ... mans a machine and his next chapter awaits writing ...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  10. that sums it up very nicely i think... well said...

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Personally ,when he does call it a day in MotoGP i would love to see him go to WSB ,probably though he will go to four wheels .

12. id think when he leaves the gp he would probably just focus on his business interests and his race teams to stay in the paddock. and as dibble says, an ambassador role... would have thought hes only leaving due to age and unlikely join another race series..
    obviously just my thoughts.
    that said, he is a machine and anything is possible!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Anything is possible & its fun to dream...

The reality is more likely to be at 40 years of age, Rossi is unlikely to want to start over at the bottom in another motorsport series. I would be happy to be wrong though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Named my first born after Marco

• Like Like x 2
  15. I’m pleased that the door is still open. We all know that age isn’t on his side , however he has the charisma , experience and talent to still rub some paint with the young guns.
    Having been lucky enough to attend a couple of Sepang GP’s ,and seeing the best part of 100,000 people in awe of the 46 shows the draw of the man. When he finally turns his last wheel on circuit it will be a very sad day for all concerned.
    That said looking to the future , young Quatararo is an exciting prospect and I’m pretty sure Rossi will wholeheartedly approve

• Like Like x 3
  16. Sounds a great move. Suspect Rossi will hold a mentoring role too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. hes got his academy and if he goes satellite it wont be long before he has his riders taking over from him in his own team ..

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Did you call him Simon?

19. The rose tinted glasses are lasting well...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information