1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speeding Cameras On Motorway

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mary Hinge, Apr 22, 2019.

1. So.... I was off to Almeria a few weeks back and on my way to East Midlands airport at 03.00h in my car.
    Because the roads are so clear at this time I was fairly hoofing down the M1 southbound. I suddenly got the dreaded double flash of a speed camera. Quick speed check-109mph.... fuuuuuck!!!
    But I think I’ve been a proper jammy bastard as I’ve heard nothing and it’s almost 3 weeks now. My understanding is that you must receive NIP within 14 days. Is this true? And if I have spawned it, how come?? I thought these motorway cameras were all digital live-streams....

2. There have been a lot of roadworks in the area recently. There were a lot of average speed cameras while works were being carried out, they have all been removed and have switched to fixed position cameras. You may be really lucky and been snapped during the transition period before they were fully commissioned.
    I live just off J25 and use the M1 from week to week.
    Hope you hear nothing more about it...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Is the car yours - or a lease... so takes longer to track you?

If yours then yes - 14 days is the guide.... but not 100% sure as you were in ban territory... so could be different rules...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. oops as above are you the registered keeper?

5. Yep, cars mine.

6. buy a lottery ticket...:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Yep. They have to notify the registered keeper inside 2 weeks so I'd say yer good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I know. I felt resigned to my fate.... but I’m getting more hopeful by the day :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  9. you'll have to decide if you want your golden rivet countersunk or punch bored...

• Like Like x 1
  10. I prefer the counter sunk look ;)

11. Well...Beckham got off (his apparently arrived on the 15th day) mine was over a month ago now...

Just to add I was chatting with an engineer at work whose mate designs them...

Apparently cars are much easier to catch as the front of a car is primarily flat so the radar bounces off very easily but bikes are much harder as they have a non flat ( minimal radar cross section) .... His words...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information