1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speeding Fine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by yellowducmaniac, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Unfortunately i have just received through the post a notice of prosecution letter for doing 39 mph in a 30 mph zone, got caught by a mobile van ,slowed down as soon as i clocked it but obviously not enough!...what sort of fine should i expect to receive, i know i will get three points.The last time i was done for speeding was in 2008, so my licence is currently clean.

2. Probably get offered a speed awareness course or a fine and 3 points.
    Cost of fine and course about the same.

3. Hopefully a course then...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I recently got caught doing a very low speed of 44mph in a 30mph zone and it was £100 fine/three points on the licence with no speed awareness course on the menu for me.:mad:

5. :scream:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ooops wrong thread :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DB,I think your in wrong department:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I am
    I’m confused today :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sounds fair to be honest.

10. Sorry!!! ..... as you were

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Your be fine once you've pigged out on tea & cake;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not really as it's a dual carriageway (50mph),but lamp posts in play sets the precedent over the carriageway speed limit.:confused:

13. Did you learn that on a speed awareness course o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. OK, sounds annoying. But police think speeding is very black and white. 44 in 30 and £100 doesn't seem disproportionate.

PS- IMO.

PPS - Sorry for your loss (of your clear license).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Nope,the copper on the day with his preach sermon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. But your missing the POINT......as it's a dual carriageway.

17. So?

18. Helpful of him.

I had either forgotten or never knew the speed limit rules regarding lampposts etc until I did a speed awareness course.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Post moved to the Multistrada Forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 50mph applies and not 30mph.:upyeah:apparently it's a local police trap for motorists for that very reason.:(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information