1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spider Rearsets

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by trogdor, Jun 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Anyone have experience with Spider rearsets? The 848/1098/1198 have a SBK version and a normal version. Looks like the SBK has fewer parts and less adjustability, they might do worse in a crash with a fixed peg. I think both can be converted to Race/GP shift, but I will be using Road shift for the time being. SBK is really cheap, though both are reasonable. If I'm looking for extra clearance and margin to keep my toes up and away, is there any reason not to entertain these? Likely wouldn't use much horizontal adjustment, certainly not moving them towards the rear.

Normal version:
    [​IMG]
    SBK version:
    [​IMG]
    Cheers

2. I have the SBK version for the Panigale V4 which is race shift only. Very well made and provide a much better shift operation than the standard rear sets. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. So I found this picture browsing Imgur. It's not mine, so I can give limited details. It seems to be taken in Bay Area, CA. To my eyes it looks like a male brown recluse, but I'm not sure since it's out of the range. So anyone knows any explanation for this, or can confirm if it is indeed snaptube vidmate a brown recluse?

#3 citerbater, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sketchy reply/forum member

5. Dealt with :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. The spider loving spambot from reply #3 reminded me to update.

I ended up getting the superbike style, which list for 230 quid, cheapest option I've seen besides the eBay only ones.

Overall experience is mixed. The foot position is very forward compared to stock.
    20210620_183859.jpg

Peg grip is way better and shifting action is fine and there's plenty of lever adjustability even with the closer reach.

Quality was surprisingly good, and they looked pretty good.
    20210620_200449.jpg
    20210620_200513.jpg

Unfortunately, they failed me at Donington last week...shifter pivot missing and the helicoil (steel thread insert) mangled. I'm not sure if it fell out or broke but it was torqued and loctited. Fortunately I brought my stockers and didn't miss a session (and didn't bin it).

Shift action is smooth and friction free when bolted together, but I suspect that hard downshifts create deflection and thus friction and it possibly loosens itself. Or perhaps the pivot bolt is breaking but there are no missing threads so I assume not.

So cheap and nice looking but needs some special care. Not sure if it is my fault or a design flaw.

Also had to clearance the shift arm to avoid hitting the belly fairing
    20210724_173227.jpg

So there ya go. Maybe consider the street version, but need to watch the pivot on the SBK version.

#7 trogdor, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  7. Hi Andy
    I have the SBK rearsets on my V4, but find the change to be a bit hit and miss when going up a gear (down on the lever). It's probably adjustment related, so may I ask your advice please?
    Firstly, the lever has to be carefully placed to avoid fouling the belly pan - did you have this problem?
    Secondly, there are 2 points on the gear lever to mount the rose joint. Which do you use please?
    Any advice gratefully received!
    (Sorry to resurrect this thread)

8. I had mine professionally fitted and set up so I’m afraid I cannot answer your questions. I do remember the gear lever toe piece rubbing the fairing though. Andy

9. Thanks Andy.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information