1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Splitting Panniers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by t3scn, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Hi all,

Does anyone here know how to split the panniers into two e.g. Separating the section that attaches to the bike and the lid?

There is a guide pin in each which I'm assuming should knock out, but I don't want to break anything before attempting this.

2. Good call. I'd be interested in this too as I have to change one of my lids. The lid saved any damage to the bike but split the pannier at the corner.... No more downhill rough tracks for me!
    DSC_1052-01.jpeg
    Also interested in a new RHS outer fur the pannier.

3. Easy - just get a pin or screwdriver narrow enough to slip down the bore and drift out the hinge pin. I always tap mine out towards the middle - there's a knurled end to the pin that locks into (IIRC) the outer end. Refitting is just the reverse. I've switched several times between the big and small lids and not had a problem.

Edit: just realised that yours may be the DVT panniers - mine are the earlier ones. but, from your photograph, the hinges look very similar.

• Like Like x 1
  4. :upyeah:

5. Perfect, that's what I thought but wanted to check first

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Just to close this thread out.

It's dead easy, knock the pins out as as mentioned above and remove the straps that limit the open angle.

One point to note is that the easiest approach is to knock the pins through from the outside end in, pushing the pins towards each other. However the pins are designed to ideally be knocked through the opposite direction.

You can push them through either way but the optimum approach (and a bit more fiddly) is to knock from the middle out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information