1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Spoked Wheels?

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Mark9, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Does anyone know how much heavier the spoken wheels (as fitted to the Classic) are than the cast wheels (as fitted to the Icon) ?, I’m looking out for some second hand ones but don’t want to fit them if they are hugely heavier, thanks Mark.

2. I don't know how heavy but the wheels on my Classic are hugely heavy.

3. I’ve read the they are “heavier” Derek but can’t find any weights, counterintuitive really, they look lighter! :)

4. They're definitely not lighter

5. I've ridden my Dad's Icon with cast and my Classic with spoked back to back. Given that the Scrambler isn't a featherweight then if you like the look, go for it... you can't notice a difference in handling or other performance aspects. Welcome to come and have a go on my Classic when the weather gets better if that helps?

6. Thanks for that offer, I might take you up on that in a couple of months, cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. upload_2020-1-22_22-31-6.png

By the look of this the Wet Weight Icon and the Classic are almost same - especially as the Classic gets the Larger fender - but maybe it looses the crud catcher?

If we assume the dry weight is the accurate date - then 6KG - of which maybe 1KG is the fender..

The Clsssic and Urban Enduro had the wire wheels and the Icon and Full throttle cast - so I would say 6KG heavier the set.

8. Thanks Simon, there’s got to be a typo in those figures though, maybe the Icon should have read 176kg dry not 170.
    Hang on it’s late, my maths has gone to pot! :)
    The classic only gains 10kg wet, the others 16kg, that’s where the error is.

9. No its the wet weight that is wrong on the Classic... should be 192.5KG

10. Posts crossed, yep Classic has error.

11. I've still got my old set in the workshop Mark. You're welcome to have a look. I'd say they're a little heavier, but not as I noticed.

12. Thanks Neil I’ll nip in on Saturday morning (if you’re thinking of selling I’m interested but do please bear in mind how attached I am to my money:) )

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. No worries. yes, I'm selling them Just haven't got around to it. There's a shelf full of Scrambler bits :)

14. Ooh what else?

15. There's an DP exhaust, head light bezel, clock bezel, flat track bar kit (lower alloy bars compared to stock Icon), Italia independent seat (leather), black exhaust shield, alloy chain guard... all Ducati Performance stuff....

16. I could be interested in the seat.

17. No worries. I need to sit down and figure out some prices or make me an offer?

18. I'd prefer you give me price, my offer might be insulting :(

19. I've probably had worse ;) £180 delivered? It's a £300 seat when new.

20. Thanks Nelly but I'll give it a miss just now, It's a wee bit more pricey than I can justify :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information