1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sport Classic For £8k?

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by samsduc, Aug 16, 2017.

1. I have a hankering for getting one of these but suspect I have missed the boat. Its for Sunday's only and the absolute budget is £8k. Am I likely to find one at this price or am I best just accepting I have missed the boat?

thanks

2. Hang on a yer or so. The hipster thing is coming to an end, and they'll go back to the real value under 5k that they are. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I've agreed :):upyeah:

4. Cheers, if they come back great, but chatting to others on the forum, it does seem unlikely. I will just hang in there and hopefully will not use the cash on something else, like the house lol

5. I agree I have just bought one, so they are bound to go down in value

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Cheers am holding my breath

7. Speaking as someone who bought an SC in 2014 for £4.5k and sold it in 2016 for £7.8k (Lucky me!) I agree that the bubble can't last that long.
    The SC was unique in that it was a fast retro, not a no-go showboat like the Thruxton 900.
    Now Triumph have realeased a capable Thruxton and Thruxton R (which is so close to the original SC spec) prices will slowly adjust IMHO...give it 18 months I reckon!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I bought mine back in 2007 because i liked it, so don't care if they go up or down in price.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information