1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports In / Out Of The Olympics.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Feb 21, 2019.

1. I see they are considering having break dancing as an Olympic sport.

What sports do you think should be included or excluded and why ?

https://www.olympic.org/sports

2. When you have programmes like naked attraction on tv these days....anything goes:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Snooker - but like tennis is will never be the pinnacle of the sport :thinkingface:

4. I like snooker, but is it a sport ?

For the olympics I like the ‘competition’ of it all.

5. A slight twist here:- Olympian sporting heroes for me was Sally gunnell on the 400 metre hurdles,Daley Thompson the cheeky monster decathon man and seb coe for smoking the competition on the back straight:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. More so than Synchronised swimming and dancing :thinkingface:

7. It’s always good to see the sportsmanship of the olympics too.

Can’t remeber which one, but there was a swimmer who’d only learnt to swim a month or so before the games.
    The others had finished when he still had a length to go, and if I remember right, they lined the side of the pool and cheered him on.

#7 Alan williams, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  8. Yes I agree.
    Personally I think it should be obvious who has won, like a running race or who threw the furthest.

9. Yes, it should have remained purely athletics instead of growing and growing :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Texting with both thumbs whilst walking? Introduce traffic as the heats progress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Eric the Eel

Lol!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bog snorkelling and welly wanging, possibly as a rustic biathalon?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Im amazed track and field has not been banned worldwide by health and safety..

“ What, You want to run around with sharp nails sticking out of the bottom of your shoes? No”

“Now You want to run along with a 12 foot pole in your hands?”

“ Throw a huge heavy ball?”

“Throw a sharp tipped spike at people holding clipboards, but not wearing hard hats ?”

“ Spin around until your dizzy and launch a heavy ball on a chain ?”

“Are you all crazy?”

X

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Be fair Noods: they did try to build some fences to stop them running through the stadia, but they just jumped over them..!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Is beach volleyball still a thing?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ohhhh yes - for wimin :heart_eyes:

17. I remember once seeing where the javelin was thrown and it got caught in the wind it went off line and came down going through one of the field judges shoulders ..

B7F48167-E0C7-4CA8-9107-884DAB323DB9.jpeg

My dad always said it’s rude to turn your back on someone, clearly he was right. X

#17 Noods, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. clearly snooker is not a sport (an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment) hardly physical exertion but definitely highly skilled, but it is a game (an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun), a pub game like darts, pool or cribbage, where do you draw the line regarding Olympic sports? Monopoly? Cluedo? Tiddlywinks?

19. Dressage, air pistol shooting, curling - all Olympic Sports :thinkingface: Snooker is classed as a sport btw, just not an Olympic sport :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Break-dancing? Honestly...? Do me a favour... It's just a bunch of chavs bouncing about like they're having a fit and spinning on their heads. How is that a sport?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information