1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Spray Paint(frame And Engine)

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Nostromo, Jul 29, 2021.

1. At some point next week i begin to tidy my 749s, starting with touch up paint on the crank case and frame. I have had mixed results with stuff off ebay, red frame touch up brush was great but engine grey was terrible. What experiences have you guys had with different sellers?

2. I have just tested some Hammerite, and the results look good, smooth silver and gold tested on a spare cam cover. 27D10DE6-CA38-4FC2-9202-A91BB22B7BB2.jpeg CE7F03F5-F06B-4447-9B48-6AFE7965C67A.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hi Nostromo, did you clear lacquer over the top?
    Cheers
    Grant

4. Hi grant, no instructions say it’s good as it is. Please note that the gold and silver are brighter than the Ducati Color’s.

5. If its not originality critical, the Hammerite silver is pretty close and hard wearing. Did my Multistrada cases 2 years ago and the finish is holding up really well. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  6. This is interesting, I've always avoided using Hammerite Smooth, or Smoothrite as it used to be called, on crankcases because of the heat.

But if you guys haven't had an issue I might give it a go.

7. I would need to check but I think I used brush on, which was heat resistant. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Good to know!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information