1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Sprocket And Chain

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Rapide, Mar 23, 2018.

1. I fancy treating my bike to a new chain and sprockets. Thinking of going up at the back to 43T, and a Goldie looking chain for a bit of bling.

Any recommendations for brands and where to buy?

2. B and C Express are the go to suppliers.
    I have a Gold Renthal chain and sprockets on all of my bikes.

3. Hello guys !

Are there any spatial issues when fitting a 40T or a 41T rear in terms of chain sliders etc (Ducati 848) ? Has anyone finally tried any of these two sprocket sizes ?

Thank you !

4. Just fitted a DID ZVM-X 530 pitch gold chain to my Multi as the original ones are shite. I did a bit of digging and DID or Afam seem to be the chain of choice ?

5. Bumping as I also would like to understand what the max rear sprocket size is in practise. With the eccentric adjuster furthest forward for example, will a 41t go on there? I'm thinking about going down to 14t on the front, and up on the back so I can keep the chain that's on the bike (as the bike is such low mileage).

6. https://www.gearingcommander.com/

7. Thanks but wasn't asking about the effect on speed, I was asking from a perspective of the physical fit. i.e will the rear sprocket rub on the swingarm

8. It also tells you the effect on chain length/links of changing sprockets.

Don't know regards the sprocket rubbing the SA but going up a tooth or 2 dosen't increase the diameter by much.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just replaced my OEM with 15/41 and a 525 new goldie from EK and I have to say that the change is massive..! Great improvement in lower rev rides, more fuel consumption on long distance rides due to the fact that the rpms should be higher to achieve equal speeds as before. Could have gone also with 40T on the rear I suppose..

No problem at all in terms of fitment etc..

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm going to do something similar I think, just to make life a touch easier at town speeds and be able to get more use out of 6th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information