1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spruced up seat cover!

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by PhilB, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Hi all, well after a lot of hunting round the world wide web trying to find a seat cowl for my 900ss ie without any joy whatsoever! Then thought about the replacement tail unit, then also learned of all the problems which I could end up with by going down that road ie: Paint, pads etc...
    I finally decided to by a two tone leather cover! Black for the rider and the pillion area in red, I purchased this from Ebay for approx £55.00 delivery was prompt! On opening the package and placing the cover over the seat, I then thought this is not going to be an easy job to fit.
    I managed to track a chap down who has been working on Seat Covers for over 50yrs and he said he would be able to help me with the unit for around about £70.00!
    Well I'm well chuffed with the final result, if any of you are looking for a new seat cover for your bike this guy can make and fit your own personnal design to your bike!
    I am happy to forward his details, he location is Surrey, Near Gatwick Airport.

ducati seat1.jpg

ducati seat1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Compliments the bike well. Good effort :upyeah:

3. Very nice job!

4. Thanks guys, next job will be the tail tidy then exhausts! Think! Think! Think!

5. you could also remove the grab rail to clean the streamline the styling behind the the seat

6. Nice. I have been looking at them on eBay for ages but never took the plunge.

They started of at 39.99 but are 59.99 now so must be selling well.

I have a couple of spare seats if anyone wants to give it a go without risking their standard one.

7. I would encourage you to use a pro to fit it as it needs to be stretched correctly also the chap who fitted mine also put a waterproof skin under the leather cover

8. Looks very nice Phil, well worth the money

9. I suppose all we need now is some nice warm sunny afternoons! Eh!

10. Ain't that the truth....... Sun before August would be nice

Do Not Sell My Personal Information