1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Sps

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Gav4R, Feb 11, 2019.

1. As promised some images of the 996 SPS what do you think?

Just looking through the bike and making a list of things I want to get replaced to have it looking 100% So far I'm looking at getting a new down pipe as the one that's currently on there is a little weathered, would appreciate some recommendations on sourcing one. Anything else you guys can spot?

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG DSC_0113.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. How bad is the pipe? It will probably clean up like new :thinkingface:
    Cool bike :cool::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Will have a go at cleaning it with some light emery paper and some autosol hopefully that will do the trick if not I'll just source a new one

4. Use Harpic 10X - then polish - it's magic...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the recommendation buddy

6. Lovely example, please, please do not use emery cloth on the down pipe. There is a post on the use of household cleaners that have been successfully used but if all else fails, use a drill mounted buffing wheel and toothpaste, then something like Solvol Autosol. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you for the advice Andy will be sure to follow the advice of the Forum :upyeah:

8. Nice straight stock example:upyeah:just needs a ohlins fork sticker and a new mot and your away.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stunning bike looks very clean , take the full system off and get it polished.

I did

#9 VtwinDave, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 2837774E-DCE1-4090-BD35-B2BB0B92EAF8.jpeg FF2D06EE-22E4-4E83-A0AD-97B9EA7AC2D5.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  11. That’s what I was thinking but it does look great on the bike

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Looks like a shed mate - I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for a pony ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. I will raise it to a bag of sand;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. My exhaust were a lot worse than your bud, just get um polished.
    20180905_154719.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. As above, mate. Take them off and polish them. Won’t take longer then a few hours.

• Like Like x 1
  16. A mate did an excellent polishing job on my old Biposto system but I was disappointed that it came up bright silver. Fortunately, after a few thousand miles it turned a nice golden colour and remained easy to clean. Must ask him if he can do my SPS sometime. Will post up his method if he will divulge it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Take it off and get it polished. Local firms only charge less than 100 quid and it saves a load on elbow grease.

#19 RickyX, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Lovely bike.Looks nice and original

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information