1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spy Shots Of A New Bike - Streetfighter? Diavel?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duke63, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Spotted in testing. Looks more Diavel than Streetfighter but who knows?

[​IMG]

2. Diavel sportser

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  3. The Aprilia Tuono is such a successful bike, maybe Ducati are about to challenge it with a V4 naked?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. looks fun

5. Engine looks like a V4, front wheel looks very small?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dealers were sent a survey 8 months or so ago asking about demand for Streetfighters and how other Marques were fairing.
    Had a question on what’s your number one customer request for bike type.
    Streetfighter...

7. It looks like a V4 frame.

Diavel bits might be to disguise the rest of the bike.

A V4 Streetfighter is definitely imminent.

8. Diavel fighter?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Over the years ducati have shortened the trellis frame and now it appears redesigned it altogether. It a shame I think it would be nice to keep something of the history alive.

11. itialian journalists and also german online mag are both stating that there is a naked panigle to come for 2019....not sure if it will be in V4 or 1299 guise though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Not in sales terms it isn't at least not in the UK. Something like 60 factory models registered and 20 non factory models so far this year. Even as a new model in 2011 it only managed about 160 total and has averaged about that every year to date. Compared to the Rsv4 it sales are better, but even "I luv Theresa May" t shirt sales are better than the rsv4.

Hence why they are being discounted so heavily. For various reasons not all of them bike related Aprilia's don't sell very well across the range not just v4's. Never have since their financial meltdown of 04.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. We could always have a game of guess what the first recall will be, considering the last few new bikes have started the ball rolling

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Aprilia’s sales woes are largely self inflicted. Poor dealer back up and even worse spares supplies.

15. We'll find out next week at WDW

16. I’m looking forward to hearing the first ultra keen owners moan about quality issues......

17. Can't argue with you on sales, I think the dealership availability plays a big part, does for me. The Tuono factory does wipe the floor with the competition year after year, that is more of the point I am trying to make. If Ducati were to now challenge it with a V4 naked and numerically superior dealerships, I think it would be a no brainer for them. Not a monster or a streetfighter with a V4 shoved in but a toe to toe effort to dethrone the Tuono factory.
    ps,
    What sort of money can a new tuono factory be had for realistically? What do you mean by heavily discounted? I do like them but need to sit on one to size it up.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information