1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ss Dashboard Foam

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Nasher, Jan 19, 2018.

1. As it appears Ducati have stopped supplying Dashboards foams for the older SS dash with no Temperature gauge I’m going to get some made and supply them alongside the Warning Light Cover/Stickers I’m having made.

The one on my project is OK, although not really up to scratch, but I don’t want to risk pulling it off the plastic and damaging it just in case I can’t source a replacement foam that looks close enough to the original.

So does anyone have a completely wrecked one they would be willing to let me have that I can cut up and send samples to suppliers I know through work?

The deal would be a big reduction in price for that person if I manage to source some foam and get a quantity water-jet cut to shape.

Thanks

Nasher.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Yes Nasher, I'd be interested in three of these and I have a pattern that you could use. Inbox me your address and I'll bob it in the post to you.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Masher, you know I'm in for the light cover, I'll also take a foam. I too have spare dash surrounds if required.
    Ian

4. Nasher,

I have a AutoCad file to cut from. I sent it to another member when he did a reno, not sure what happened?
    Search for this thread thread.
    Mk1 Superlight Detailed restoration the saga Begins :)
    PM me I will search it out tomorrow and let you have it and see what you think.

Cheers Gaz

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Sels,
    You disagreed with the above post, Could I ask what you disagree with or was it a mistake. I was proud of my 62 / 0 / 0 rating.
    Sorry if this is not the right place for this.

Cheers Gaz

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wouldn't let it worry you dude, people that are on here frequently and make positive contributions have a good feeling for who are members of good standing vs. those that are a little less helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I disagree.......

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Probably fat fingers. @Sels ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Trouble with texting and the written word is its difficult to communicate sarcasm or tongue in check comments while remaining polite. Its those little intonations like a raised eye brow, a wry smile or slap you can't project. I am not really "offended" I just want my perfect rating back :sob:.
    Anyway how's the foam coming on.

Cheers Gaz

#9 gaz92, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  10. PM them about it if it's bothering you, I'm sure it was a mistake as it's a bit wierd to disagree with your post. However you can't please everyone. I have a 411/3/2 record.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The one I sent hasn't turned up. I've another in the garage, but that one is still attached to some old instruments so I'm going to pull the gauges out and send that (might track it this time though).

12. Fire,
    I would just check with Nasher I sent him a AutoCad file that I think he can use, it might save you pulling it out (and postage) if you don't need to.

Cheers Gaz

13. Guys
    Sorry, not been on line most of the day.
    Why do we have to go to work? all it does is get in the way of doing what we want!

The CAD drawing is good, many thanks, but what I need a foam sample for is to cut up and get out to several suppliers I use through work to match the foam itself as close as possible to the original.
    I'm not that bothered myself if the colour is a bit different, but if I'm going to get some cut I know others will want them for 'proper' restorations.

I may have had a bit of luck though, I put in a stupid offer a couple of weeks ago on a really battered dashboard on EBAY and didn't hear anything. The seller has contacted me and explained that the only bidder has not paid for them so would I still be interested.

I'll update you all when I have more info.

Nasher.

14. Fire / Nasher,

Sorry, got the wrong end of the stick, I thought Fire was sending you the Pattern / Templet for the shape not the actual foam - appologies carry on.

Cheers Gaz

15. No probs Gaz :)

Let me know Nasher, if it doesn't come off then I'll wang this one over (although the other may yet show up - I just got a letter through Royal Mail posted in December!...)

16. And Nasher, I'm sure I have a tatty bit of foam if all else fails.

17. Hi I’m searching for a solution for the warning lights!
    If it exist a good solution please let me know.

CBC540BC-640C-4958-86F7-83DCAAD07C94.jpeg

00EE4BC4-D037-4718-9B27-A58B37286E7F.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information