1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ss Rear Mudguard Chop

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Nasher, Sep 10, 2017.

1. I’m really struggling to get time in the garage at the moment to work on my 900SS Mongrel build, so when I had a couple of hours to myself this afternoon I had a better look at the rear end.

I’ve adapted a Carbon Superlight seat unit to fit the bike so it comes on and off with the key as I want to use the standard storage locker under the seat:
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/images-wanted-ss-with-non-standard-seat-units.50464/

The standard storage unit comes as part of the rear mudguard which looks a bit big:

mchop1.jpg

mchop2.jpg

But when you cut it off you’re left with the bottom of the storage area sticking out, which also looks crap:

mchop3.jpg

mchop4.jpg

I decided to cut it out and create a new ‘floor’ using fibreglass.

mchop5.jpg

mchop6.jpg

Here it’s taped down to a piece of wood covered in green parcel tape that the resin won’t stick to.

mchop7.jpg

And here it is 1/2hr after the resin and fibreglass mat went in.
    It obviously needs a bit of black flowcoat to finish it off, but I’ll do that when I mix some up for another job I have planned.

mchop8.jpg

mchop9.jpg

On the bike it looks much better.

mchop91.jpg

mchop92.jpg

I even managed to rough out the number plate bracket and decided how I’ll mount the minimal rear lights I’ll be using.

mchop93.jpg

I really should get around to creating a proper build thread for this bike.

Nasher

• Like Like x 3
  2. That is really a great solution :upyeah:

What's a flow coat?

3. Where did you get the seat unit?

4. #6 Desmoquattro, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information