1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ss Seat Options

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Ken Oaff, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Looking at changing the seat or recovering the existing seat on my ie SS

What options are there out there

or more precisely if people could post pics of what they have done

2. 20170708_095854.jpg

Mine was on it when I got it. I really like it. Believe it's Ricambi Weiss.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do the wheels from a wrongun fit a carby? They look very similar to the unobtanium Marchesini carby rims...

4. Ive got a Corbin on mine. Looks good but not paticularly comfortable and weighs 3 times as much as original.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. The spindle size is different. They fit with modification

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. To clarify Desmo's statement, the front wheel spindle size is the problem area. The early bikes up to 95/96 (i think) had 14 mm spindle the later bikes had a 17 mm spindle. This also then causes further issues with the speedo fitment as well as there are several types, but it can be done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. And then some smart alec comes up and says "eh mate, your bike's got the wrong wheels"... :D

They do look cool though.

8. The IE standard 3 spokes are lighter than the standard Carby. I have a set of these to go on at some point. Much cheaper than the Marchesini

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Aha, good to know. I missed out a few years back on a pair of 5 spoke proper job Marchesini for my 750ss and regretted it since. They look mega.

10. Yep, I have machined the hubs and changed the bearings in a set of ST2 3 spokes to fit my 900 Mongrel project.
    At first because they were very cheap, included decent tyres, and the powdercoat was in very good shape.
    It was only after I compared the old to new that I realised how much lighter they were.

I wish I'd gone for the 5 spokes, although I don't suppose they'd have been so cheap.

In very brief terms, bearings with the smaller ID can be found with the same OD as the ones for the bigger spindle, but are wider, so I had to machine the pockets out in the hubs a few mm and machine up a new spacer tube.

I skimmed the original SS 17mm Speedo drive down until it fitted the gap.

Seat wise, with a bit of mucking about and some fibreglass almost anything to your taste can be made to fit.

Nasher

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alternative to fit later f/wheel would be to fit monster or ST fork legs/spindle/speedo drive/65mm calipers. Brake hoses also need altering.
    SSie legs are 60mm too long. I think the outer edge of the speedo drive would need 1.5mm filed off to centalise the wheel and also a speedo healer to correct the speedo gearing.(I have done similar with a 907/multiDS forks).

12. tried a corbin seat on another bike years ago, looked great but it put my back out, fortunately I found out it was the seat and I changed the seat rather than changing the bike

13. Have a copy of one of these and it is an option but it restricts accessibility to under the seat

• Like Like x 1
  14. You know that needs carbon belt covers...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. I bought this seat cover for my SS i.e. on E-Bay for 45GBP. They will pretty much tailor it to your specifications, and it is very good quality. Took it to a local upholsterer and they fitted it for me for another 20GBP. Could probably do it yourself, but didn't want to arse it up.
    I think the piping really sets of the red Ducati text. For the money, you really can't go wrong!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-90...662056?hash=item1ed01e3f28:g:w3kAAOSwYIxX~hVG

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3565 2.JPG

IMG_3566.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  16. I'm getting a carbon clutch cover first remember ;)

17. A simple pillion seat cover is also an option.
    3EE045EC-DFBB-4B7B-8FA2-142A1EEBF1F0.jpeg C97049BF-28CC-4E90-A7D9-DBA90190D1E9.jpeg 5B5F6828-EBBF-49BB-8E47-4091F66FF57F.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information