1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ssie Low Fuel Level Sensor

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Billywiztheelder, Feb 15, 2020.

1. I will be replacing my fuel filter shortly and while I am grovelling about in the tank I intend having a look at the fuel level sensor which has been a tad erratic in operation recently i.e. remaining on after refuelling.

Looking at the parts diagram I assume that there is a float inside the tube that rises and falls with the fuel level. I am hoping that some foreign matter has got into the tube occasionally restricting float movement. Has anyone else had problems with this component?

126AE89E-1FFC-44AE-9335-67084742F318.png

2. Be very careful when tightening the plastic nut back up, they get brittle and crack very easily, alloy ones are avaliable as it is a common problem.

• Like Like x 3
  3. [QUOTE="Birdie, post: ..............>....alloy ones are avaliable as it is a common problem.[/QUOTE]

‘Many thanks for that advice. Is that alloy one a Ducati part? If not advice as to where I can get one would be gratefully received.

Barry

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Exige also stocks the viton ring you’ll need to replace when removing the fuel pump assembly - assuming the SS’s use one that is. Probably best to replace that at the same time.

FYI I’ve the same issue with the same fuel level sender in my ST2, low fuel is indicated when the tank is still half full. @Bob T had the same issue, he repositioned his lower down somehow iirc from reading his blog but I’m sure he’ll be along to advise.

5. had issues with mine leaking through the main body and down the wires replaced it with a new one
    think it was around £130 about 5 years ago
    they seem to be a common problem

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information