1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St2 Chain Adjusters

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Dean Kidd, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Hi Everybody,

I have had the rear end of my 98 ST2 apart for a clean up and a few new parts unfortunately I can’t workout how the chain adjusters go back together I appear to have a lot of the adjustment bolt hanging out the back of the swing arm. Probably something stupid but any ideas?

Deano

2. You might want to put a picture up showing exactly what's going on, but in general:-

upload_2019-4-5_7-45-29.png

The adjuster bolts (22) go through the end plates (21) into the chain adjusters (20). They have to be long (90mm) so that the axle can slide all the way forwards in the adjustment range, to suit new chains and non-standard gearing.

The bolts 22 are what hold the adjuster plates in position, so the trick is to adjust the chain tension (and now in your case set the wheel alignment), tighten the axle nut and then nip the chain adjuster bolts to make sure they don't come loose.

upload_2019-4-5_7-45-29.jpeg

3. Thanks Turbogeek,

I will pop a picture up tomorrow. I a have assembled as per the picture but my 90 mm bolt bottoms out about 50 mm before it meets plate (21).

Cheers again Dean

4. The end plates are handed, not at all obvious until you put them in the wrong way round

5. All sorted guys cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information