1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St2 Fork Upgrade

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Dave Coleman, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Hi all,

I am building an st2 cafe racer but want to upgrade the forks. Can anyone give me some advice on what forks I can mount to the st2 frame that would work. I have converted the the back end with a SSSA from a S4R and want to change the front.
    Thanks guys,
    Dave.

2. Erm, welcome to the forum o_O

3. If they are the fully adjustable ones, have a kit fitted and do juts the internals. They are pretty good forks compared to others. Not sure if 916 etc may drop in too, especially if you have the later non adjustable ST forks, as the yokes May be the same size but it’s been a few years since I built a race bike and used ST ones

4. as above, but aprilia rsv 1000 mille fit straight in, aprillia yokes as well, bearings same size

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hello Dave, are you changing yokes or just legs?
    Keith.

6. up for doing either just looking for options. Willing to try anything really

7. Excellent bit of info. Well worth looking at them. Thanks

8. ST yokes are 50mm top & 53mm btm.
    That restricts leg choice to non superbike unless you get top yoke bored to 53mm(if theres enough metal, I bored a SS yoke from 50 to 53 w no probs)

9. Would the SBK tope yoke not fit straight on?

10. Depends on offset.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. If you do change your forks, do check front wheel axle size as maybe different, if i remember rightly RSV front axle OD is 25mm & i think ST is the same, you can check bearing size's on different models on Wemoto. Also brake caliper mounting is it 45mm or 65mm, front mudguard's will be different mountings etc. What can seem a simple job can start to become quite a wallet emptier. Just a few pit fall you may come across.

12. Dave, there are various routes to go as mentioned above but I slotted 996 forks into a ST by machining a spacer just under the top yoke, obviously you have to fit 996 wheels and the rear 996 wheel will work with the S4R sssa as I did the same conversion on a ST. I am sure I have also read somewhere you can also press the stem out of the yokes and swap them around, but someone may correct me on that statement.

13. A lot of forks from Japo bikes will fit streight on like the one from Suzuki gixer 600/750/1000 like I have on my Cagiva Raptor 1000 (same as on ST2 and SS)

B9DC2DF1-A369-4D9D-B3F2-205930DADB53.jpeg

14. What don't you like about your existing forks??

I found just dropping the viscosity of the fork oil transformed the forks on my SS.

15. Thanks Russ,

May use some 748/916/996 forks for my st. I have found someone to machine me a new top yoke to fit the 53mm forks so should be fairly straightforward to go that route.

16. Dave, I have not used these guys but spoken to them regarding a one off, www.topyokes.uk I don't know if they are the same guys your referring to.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information