1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St2 Mods And Things To Look Out For

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Duke600, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Hi All,

Been a long time out of the Ducati fold!

Just obtained an ST2 to add to the bike collection, and I love it. it was my fathers, and it had sat since he passed away in late 2016.

I have done the usual, belts etc and servicing, but being a Duke, i am sure there will be quirks with this model!

I have owned it's stable mate, my beloved SS for around 10 years, so am more than familiar with the 2v engines etc.

Any advice relating to quirks and must do mods would be great :)

I am planning to 'core' the exhausts in lieu of a pair of open cans, and have fitted a K&N panel filter (spare from the SS).

cheers!

Ben

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've got one and would say just enjoy. I bought mine very cheaply off ebay a few years ago. Currently putting it back together after cam belts change and fairing repairs..

The only two problems that I've had are when I had just got home from a French trip, I went to put it on centre stand and bent the stand. Reason: one of the bolts that fasten it to the engine was vibrated out - so the stand was only held on by the bolt on the offside - that meant when I was putting my weight on the stand, I was merely bending it! Failed an mot on a warped back brake disc. Dunno how this happened as I only use rear brake for holding bike at traffic lights. Caliper was fine and so it may of been warped when I bought it.

When I bought it, the only thing that worked in the instrument cluster was the speedo. Bought and fitted new cluster that I got cheap from Germany. Of course, only disadvantage is that the speedo is now in km/h. Not that bothered about it as I had a km/h speedo on a GSXR 750 import that I bought years ago, so quite used to converting to mph!

3. The usual stuff, reg/rec can give up. The single phase alternator on mine isn't the best. Use a good battery and uprated battery leads so not to bugger up the sprag clutch.
    I also had the stand bolt on the near side fall out.
    Besides that just enjoy, the quality of the wiring, finish and components in general is really very good compared to Jap stuff

4. HID in the headlight... if you ride at night some upgrade is essential!

6. Hi
    Fit a jap reg,/ref. any big jap bike it will have 3 push on connecters you only need 2 ref st that age 1phase 2wire cable tie the main 40amp fuse at battery clean 60 pin plug left hand side under screen infill panel set trim pot on ecu
    Mike

fit fan manual switch., Quad seal in clutch hydraulic slave cylinder at engine, fit a l.e.d.
    volt meter as ecu drops under i think 12.5v. it goes to sleep

#6 michael shannon, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information