1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St3 Display Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SteveDucati, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Hi my name is Steve and I live on the Surrey/Hants border ( near the A3 tunnel, for anyone near here ). I have just returned to the Ducati fold having just bought a tired 20,000 mile ST3 which had not been used for a few years. Needed a bit of work which was done by Moto Rapido, and many thanks to them. I have an issue with the display not showing some of the information. This is quite old now, but for those with long memories it has two large buttons pressing B lets you scroll through the options, range,trip,average speed etc and reset them. Mine doesn't do that. Pressing B just displays the ODO. The other functions work, it displays speed and fuel gauge etc. The display was changed about 2000 miles ago and as far as I know these features have never worked but I cant verify that. What I was interested in is there a "reset" procedure that anyone knows just in case it's a simple fix, before I get more complicated. Any advice welcome. Steve.

2. @Derek may be able to help...

3. I would be interested too. My ST3 IS lying untouched and unloved near Salisbury ,but when I go and get it back, I would be interested because I have a vague memory of something not counting up properly on the display.

4. Sorry, I don't know much about the ST3 display. It is possible to change the units, the back lighting and show EOBD errors but I think that's it. There is no reset that I know of.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Hi @PerrL if I get an answer I'll let you know the outcome. The bike I have had a clock change before I got it so I don't know why they changed it, it may have been because of this issue and the problem is the not the display but the sensors ? I always assumed it was water ingress but maybe not?

6. Thanks @Derek the bike I have had a clock change before I got it so I don't know why they changed it, it may have been because of this issue and the problem is the not the display but the sensors ? I always assumed it was water ingress but maybe not?

7. What functions are missing?
    As well as indicating speed I believe the display should show coolant temperature, fuel level, clock, service warning and headlight level adjustment mode. The auxiliary display section should be able to show odometer, trip meter, average
    speed, instant fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, fuel used, range and fuel remaining.

8. The display shows all the speed, fuel level, engine temp, time etc. What doesn't work is pressing button B should allow access to the trip,average speed,fuel consumption etc, and allow you to reset them. Pushing the B button does nothing and consequently just shows the ODO mileage. I can live with it but it is just a bit annoying and when I get to British summer time I done see how I can change the clock time. The clock looks like it is almost brand new and was replaced about 2000 miles back (according to the ODO ).

9. It sounds like button B might be the cause, not making a contact when pressed so not allowing you to change the functions.

10. I was starting to come to the same conclusion :) I'll investigate at the weekend see if it's just not quite pressed home or something. Thanks for the advice, Steve.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information