1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St3s Seat Release...

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by thebigboppa, May 27, 2017.

1. Hi
    I am new to this forum and fairly new to the joys of the Big Duke. But I have an issue with the seat release not working, any ideas on how to access the mechanism please?

2. Try pushing down on the seat pad at the rear whilst turning the key.

3. Hi chrisw
    The lock worked fine, but now the key turns fully with no resistance, the wire link has probably failed so I need to be able to get at the mechanism - which is located in the tail piece - to release the seat.
    I cannot see any external screws or bolts to begin dismantling.

4. I had this exact issue on my ST4S, the locking nut on the back of the lock mechanism had worked loose such that the lock would just turn with the key and not move the bar. I guess this is what you are suffering from.
    I had to remove a few bits from under the back of the thing. Also had to cut a small piece of black plastic up under there somewhere. Sorry i cannot remember exactly what it was but it did not show once fixed and everything was back in place.
    It was a complete pain in the backside job for what seems like a very simple little problem.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information