1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St4 Luggage ?

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by farmersti, Feb 6, 2019.

1. This is what i've got plus the four bolt's that bolt to the subframe can anyone tell me what i'm missing and size's etc so i can get some so i can use the panniers if needed ? Thanks 2019-02-06 19.41.57.jpg

2. Very confusing question. Some of those bits should be fitted to the frames, but there should be more of them. The round threaded washer on the right is something that I have never seen on any ST panniers or frame.
    A picture of the frames would help.
    Plenty of parts diagrams on the net.

3. I'll take a few pictures of the frames tomorrow. Thanks

4. From your picture you have the four blanking plugs J and K in the attached PDF. Your two screws look a bit like, but apparently are not (too short) the two screws G in the PDF. Your large washer looks like the (very important) washer I, but I don't recall this item being threaded internally in the pannier kit I have.

Attached Files:

5. If you are only one on the bike i Used a roll bag on rear seat.

6. PartsBookPannierList.png PartsBookPannierPicture.png
    Further reflection suggests that your two screws are the "special screws" at 11 in the attached list and picture (taken from the parts book).

7. Those two screws are 18mm but they are already fitted to the frame if i remember correctly I'll check in the morning. The spacer hasn't got a proper thread going through it it's either stripped or someone has put a bolt through it that is slightly to big 20190206_234708.jpg

8. this is what i have on the frame 2019-02-07 11.13.54.jpg 2019-02-07 11.13.48.jpg 2019-02-07 11.13.38.jpg

9. What you have on the racks seems to be complete. Make sure that the four rubber bits are fitted on each side when you fit the panniers as without them the pannier is loose.
    You will also need indicators mounted on the rack when it is fitted to the bike and that look ridiculous with just the racks and not the panniers fitted to the bike. I did a modification on mine to leave them fitted to the bike.

10. am i missing anything or is it all there ?

11. Looks all there to me.

12. Thank you Bob T for your help

13. I was missing the M8x40 that goes on the left side to attach the exhaust to the pannier frame. It goes through the spacer ?

14. I think that you use the old exhaust bolt. These move up to the higher thread. Losen off all the brackets including the rear foot rests to get all the bolts in place then thighten with loctite. I did get a longer bolt for mine but I think (again) that the original did OK

Do Not Sell My Personal Information