1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St4s Just Arrived In The Midlands Uk

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Davdog1, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Hi all
    Just collected a slightly damaged 2005 ST4s from London. Rode it back yesterday with the intention of fixing it up over winter then deciding whether to keep it or my Sprint ST. Damage is mainly cosmetic and there is a good service history.
    I've never had a Ducati before so will be trawling the forum to find out various techy things to help me with the fixing and modifying of stuff....
    First impressions are that the handling is good. Engine is fine but gearing is bizarre - top gear only any good over 90MPH with first needed below 20... That'll take some getting used to. Can't help feeling there could be a few more BHP hiding in there somewhere. Oh and the standard cans are a bit quiet so will be looking at that as well.
    So hello to you all and ride safe(ish)
    Dav

2. Welcome Dave

3. Put a list up of the parts required, there are bound to be some of us who may have what you need.

4. And most people change the gearing on these bikes. Buy either changing the front sprocket by one tooth down, or increasing the rear by 3 or so

5. Welcome :):upyeah:

6. Thanks folks for the welcome
    No parts needed yet just going through the strip/clean/rebuild stage at the moment. Suprised at the mix of excellent parts and clever bits against cheese fasteners and rubbish finish on some parts... Having said that I'm quite captivated by it already. Can't quite put my finger on it but there's something I like and can't wait till I can get to ride it again...
    It's a yellow ST4s 2005 facelift and most of the plastics are a bit sad but main requirement is headlight fairing at some point
    Thanks again
    Dav

7. Hello & welcome - throw some photos up.....or it didn't happen :)

8. PM sent re cans...

9. Looked like this on Sunday morning....
    DSC_0379.JPG

10. Got this far by lunchtime then rain stopped play...
    DSC_0385.JPG

11. The plastics will be sad they are yellow!!! :eek: Red is the proper colour and will cheer it up no end

Oh and welcome into the mad house :blush:

12. Bins!!!!! Don't forget bins we like bins

13. Erm.... Ok well these are the bins in the car park - Hope you like them :) DSC_0389.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  14. A bit chav, but a bin is a bin eh Viv !!
    Oh, and welcome dude :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Some people aren't fussy about their bins are they :thinkingface:

16. They are very rare big bins....those we like!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information