1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St4s Pannier Bracket

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by COH555, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Can anyone offer a guide for fitting/removal of OEM pannier brackets from my ST4 please?

I’ve searched the internet and the forum with no joy.

Thanks
    COH555

2. I think the attached should help; afaik the pannier kit is the same for all ST models. It's a straightforward job; stainless fasteners strongly recommended.

Attached Files:

3. That’s perfect Julian, thank you.

4. FWIW lossen everything up first as you may have to file one of the holes

5. Very simple once you see that diagram. FYI I fitted smaller LED indicators to the back of the ST2 which allowed to me to remove about 4 inches from the rear of the pannier bracket and eliminated the need to change them every time. The indicators stay on the bike and not on the bracket.

6. Thanks Johnny. Hopefully no filing will be required!

7. Thanks Bob T.

8. That's a very useful tip for those who find that the standard indicators look a bit vulnerable when the panniers are off the bike.

However, I'm a bit sceptical of LEDs for things like indicators and stop/tail lights. In my view their brightness is irrelevant and possibly even counter-productive to their main purpose, which is to signal (a) presence and (b) position.

For (a) it is not brightness (above a certain minimum level, obviously) that is relevant, but the illuminated area.

For (b), a very bright light that dominates all other signals actually removes information about relative position. This seems especially relevant for motor- cycle indicators that are inevitably close to the tail light. If I can't see the latter because it is drowned out by the indicator, then I can deduce that you are (possibly) planning to turn, but I'm unable to work out in which direction that turn might be.

Anyone who doubts point (b) should reflect on why it is a bad idea to be dazzled by overly-bright oncoming headlamps.

9. Bob T any pictures of your indicator mod i'm interested in this ? Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information