1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St4s .....strange How Things Work Out.

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Harlequin, Feb 4, 2019.

1. so last year i sold my BMW1200RT, which i exchanged for my lovely red ST4S in a moment of madness.

Hated the RT - which was odd as i loved my GSA in the past - and had a year off bikes.....

So looking through ebay for a cheapish bike to enjoy summer and the odd tour, and there is my bike on ebay. He didnt get on with the ST4 and wanted to get another 1200RT . There is definately a lesson in there somewhere, lol.

Meanwhile he has done a couple of nice mods, but only put an extra 500 miles on her.

So .. deal done and she arrives this week!

Very happy, and will not be parting with her again.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome, Send some details, pics when whe is home. Whereabouts are you?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crowborough, East Sussex - just click on his Avatar and it tells you :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ST4S, a proper wolf in sheep's clothing. With suspension properly set up you can embarrass many a sportsbike rider. Mine went when I got my 999.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cheers all. I had a 999s, and it was my favourite bike.

Just too extreme for me now.

6. I miss my ST4s

7. Is this the one that was on Ebay with the handlebar conversion?

8. Bit close to my house (10-15 mins)... anyone know if he’s a danger to fellow forum members? :scream:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes thats right.......bought it from DMC Moto before selling it - in error!

Cant wait to get her back

10. Hey JH, only if not given coffee on waking up!

11. Enjoy yourself then when the weather picks up. Always feel free to make it sing when approaching the roofing yard in Hartfield ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. You know what, I miss my ST4.

I just loved that engine. The bike was a joy to ride so long as the tyres had the correct pressure.

Hopefully I’ll get to have another go on it sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi Michel, what are you riding now?

14. Superb bike...I suggest you try a st3s you'll want one!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mutli 2013 skyhook. Fab bike except I am not convinced about Skyhook, very hard ride even with no preload. Rest is just right for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. My old skool ST4 and your NASA Designed Multi.

17. ST4S will always have a special place in my heart. Was amazing in fast sweeping bends,such an underated bike, quite glad it was a well kept hidden gem. But unfortunately bad neck meant i had to change riding position, hence change bike. It had 45000 trouble free miles.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Loved my ST4S, set the suspension up, changed the front calipers for 999 ones, had the cams dialled in by JHP. Bought it in 2001, kept it until late 2009-my 1200S Mutly arrived early April 2010.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks Zmonty, i didnt realise the 999’s were a direct replacement.....

Any more info ref the cams set up?
    Cheers

20. Cam setup is standard Ducati tuning-from the factory they come with standard keys which gets it nearly right allowing for manufacturing tolerance. Tuners will set the cams to specifications using dial gauges and offset woodruff keys which allows the engine to work the way it was designed to. It made a difference to mine.

John

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information