1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stablemates...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by yellowducmaniac, Jan 14, 2017.

1. I would guess that most on here have more than one bike in the garage ,maybe non Ducati or even non Italian!...Just acquired this 1988 750 Gixxer as a bit of an ongoing project and Its screaming inline 4 motor is a perfect parry to my thudding 999S....:D

20170114_105743.jpg

#1 yellowducmaniac, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Great retro bikes, the old oil cooled GSXR's.

Here's my GSXR1100M from about 3 years ago. Another one I shouldn't have sold. It was a minter. :Arghh:

GSXR_2.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Agreed, i was pleasantly surprised by the grunt of my 750 so I can imagine what the 1100 was like, and yes they have more character than a lot of other Jap stuff.

4. They had a reputation as a widow maker back in the day. In reality it was like riding a big couch. The seat was very low, brakes were rubbish (although it had the standard rubber hoses still on it), 5 speed box on the 1100, quite torquey but only 125bhp and didn't really feel fast after one of the Ducatis.

Great retro bike to plod about on though. :upyeah:

Bollocks. I'm sad now. :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. I could easily see one of those in my garage. The Suzuki, not the yellow thing :p :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. These are my babies

14264824_10154600829540815_5467260845008969079_n.jpg IMG_2696.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  7. Ha Ha .....I wondered how long it would be before someone turned this into a yella hating thread..!!! :cool::cool:

8. I bought mine as I had one back in the early 90's with almost no miles on. It was owned by the singer from The Toy Dolls (remember them)

GSXR2.jpg

Then I saw this on eBay a few years back and bought it on a whim. Sold it when a few bikes went to make way for the Desmo, so can't complain. But I wish that I still had it.

GSXR_3.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here are mine. The yellow one is missing

Screenshot_2016-01-11-12-51-19.png

20151231_120219.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. And the yellow one

image.jpeg

11. Well, half yellow. :Wideyed:

12. TBH it's more a T9 hating thing :p

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. Lot's of GSX-R's on the Forum :)
    Here's mine...

IMG_0038.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  14. a pack rack on an f4!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

15. Ah, is it an MV Agusta F4? I couldn't tell as the decals are a bit small. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. It's a Ventura sports rack which I combine with Kreiga and go touring. I take it your a southern wuss that needs a multistrada

:grinning::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:Missed the emojis off

#16 higgy748, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. no im a kiwi that travels with what he's wearing! :Cigar: and im to handsome to be seen on a mutly

18. Oil/filter change on GSXR today and prepping for MOT soon. Should be out riding again in February.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  19. Higgy
    How long you owned the St70 one of them is on my list of bikes to have for me and Mrs Roadtrip to put in the van when out and about for bit of summer fun and a Yellow Ducati as well :upyeah:

20. Seeing as it's also a GSXR Forum here's mine, have got a few more shiny bits to put on it for trackdays this year... love this bike (although not as much as the Ducati's...)

IMG_1922.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information