1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stains On Swing Arm

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by jack999s, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Anyone else have strange stains/ marks on there swing arm? How did you get it back looking ok? Ive tried various cleaning products but no luck.
    271382101_1227556901066249_6610814996172909989_n.jpg

2. Don't clean. Wipe with an Oil. Use acf50.

3. Or WD40/ GT85

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. None of the stuff mentioned above works unfortunately

5. It's not unusual for Anodising to not be hardened properly at the end of the process, which in simple terms just involves it being dipped into very hot water to harden the Aluminium Oxide.
    If it's not fully hard it will absorb any oils, cleaning fluids etc that are allowed to sit on it for a while.

We've had success at work using a strong detergent with warm water to suck out the stain, but the water can't be too hot because it will set the surface and seal in the stain for good.
    We've also had success with of all things baby wipes.

It's worth a try, it may be your problem.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. okay, it’s hard to see exactly what is cause the stain, and I don’t know how your swing arm might differ, but i’m surprised that GT 85 doesn’t shift it, because this works on 748/996/multi-Strada 1000DS swing arms for example. The propellant has a solvent in it which evaporates in a second or two unless you really put it on heavy, and this usually works very well at cleansing, with very little risk of damage . :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information