1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Stalling In Slow Traffic

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by junkster55, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Hi all, new Multi owner here. When I’m stuck in stop and go traffic, riding in first gear under 5MPH and RPM is sub 2k, the engine stalls out when I pull the clutch in. Anyone else experiencing this?

I’ve been riding in Urban mode while I break the bike in, not sure if that’s related due to decrease in HP. 2020 Multi GT.

2. Never happened to me, I can only suggest go back to dealer, the bike shouldn’t stall when you pull the clutch in no matter what you’ve been doing. keep in mind you can do more damage to an engine with revs too low (chugging) than a little high.
    Cant remember getting caught up in much 5mph traffic either, I just overtake everything!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'd definitely be going back to the dealer, there's something wrong there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've also never had that problem, well not to date at least.
    A return trip to the dealers I suggest.
    :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Had a few stalls early on myself, though that was just not being used to the bike and was never after pulling the clutch in, rather when letting it out to pull away. As others have said; a return to dealer is in order.

Did suffer from the notchy 1st gear to neutral thing which was all but gone after the break-in service. They all do that apparently...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Had this problem in higher numbers since 36k service, even yesterday going to OYB. It cut out at front of queue I'd filtered through, not impressed & they said nothing comes up on computer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. other than the OEM clutch lever?
    Check clutch switch and actuating pin

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks everyone, made an appointment with the dealer.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Let us know the outcome please.

10. Will do, Edward. Appointment is on Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is a long overdue update, apologies to those waiting for news. Long story short, two dealerships couldn't figure it out, but when I had my 1000km service done, the problem hasn't occurred since. I'm guessing it was something related to 1000km service check list has them go through.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Funnily enough, I got a new 950S as a loan bike whilst my 1260 was being serviced. Only 150 miles on the clock, blipped it at some lights - engine cut out. Wasn't brave enough to keep experimenting.

13. Be careful!

14. Be sure to only use Chervon Premium, your fuel strip will thank you, it also runs more consistent.

Maybe plan a de-cat once you get fed up with the foot heat that will sort it out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information