1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Stalling Issues

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Ash Hussain, Mar 20, 2019.

1. hi guys.
    Sorry if this has been asked before...

Had my proper ride today.
    I noticed every now and then it stalls, for example approaching a roundabout. Over about 5miles it stalled twice.

Is this another ‘feature’ or could it be a fault?

Thanks.

2. It should not stall under normal circumstances. Could be as simple as old fuel if the bike was sitting for some time, worth trying the simple things first.

3. Thanks. It was low on fuel. Plus don’t think previous owner used it much after he got his new one.

I’ve topped it up with new fuel. Been out again on it. Seems ok.

Did read somewhere if it’s cold, they don’t like it...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. The cold should not really make much difference once the bike has reached normal operating temperature and it has not been really cold the last couple of weeks so I doubt that`s the problem. Hopefully some delicious new petrol has sorted it.

5. the throttle position sensors and balance are key to the 848/1098 series bikes, this was a very common issue on early 1098's and I believe factory programming and TPS reset fixed it for most if not all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks Phill. Just been reading sameness thing.
    Gotta find a Ducati dealership by me.

Thanks again.

7. You can do it yourself @Ash Hussain. Are you in London? I have all the leads you can borrow.

Did mine with the Guzzi Diag program, as i use Macs and Tune ECU didn't work for me.

#7 Pavey, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ahhhh. Thank you. That’ll be awesome.
    I’m in slough, round corner from Heathrow.
    How difficult is it to do it?

9. Mine never normally stalls, but it did a few weeks ago after it hadn’t been ridden for a while. The battery was also knackered which might not have helped. New battery and a couple of rides and it isn’t stalling. I’d say definitely a fault if you ride it regularly and it still stalls.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information