1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Stalling ??

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by reeper, Feb 27, 2019.

1. new to 1299’s. Riding today in rush hour. Great!

Riding in race mode noticed after the bike was warm the throttle response was a bid odd. It’s there but very easy to stall from pulling away or onto a roundabout as I scarily found out.

Let me friend have a go few moments later and found similar problem. Pulling away from stand still you have to give some revs more so than usual.

Throttle spacers fitted by previous owner. Is this something that wears out or needs replacing?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. I have the spacers fitted to mine , big improvement over standard. Can’t see how they could wear , check and see they are still fitted you can tell by the lack of slack in the throttle.

3. I did a very quick look other day and could see something red in there. I’m assuming that’s the only red thing in the throttle

4. You do have to apply a few revs to get them off the line and generally ride them with higher revs than your might imagine. they are not happy under 3000 or even 4000rpm. I was surprised first time I came to a 1299 but you soon get used to it.

5. Yeh I get that. I should have said I’ve had the bike a month and done around 200 miles. This was a new thing though.

6. Throttle spacer kit is red, so looks like yours is still in there. I still stall mine occasionally when setting off and like others have said, they need a few more revs than an inline 4 would, which I’m presuming is what your used to. The 1299 is my first twin after 20 years of riding inline 4’s.

7. Is your bike still standard (OEM exhaust and map)?
    My 1299 behaves exactly the same as yours. The throttle response from idle is ‘strange’. Sometimes you dial in some throttle and the engine revs as expected and off you go. Other times you do the same thing and get nothing, resulting in a stall if you’re not careful. I have a throttle spacer fitted but it has made no difference (I didn’t think it would). I have found that blipping the throttle once or twice before you try and pull away gives a more consistent response. You will get used to it over time...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Useful.

Mine had a decatted stock exhaust and previous owner said it is a mapmfrom ducati. I’ve just replaced that with a Akro slip on but not touched the map.

Awaiting Steve Jordan to get free dyno time so I can get it set up properly if need be.

At least I’m not the only one experiencing the inconsistency of throttle response lol

9. Mine does it, I have the full Akrapovic system fitted. I will have to try the blipping technique as mentioned by Razz.
    I think it’s called character....

10. A wee blip just before you build revs slighlty to pull away fixes the issue. I have full akra and spacers. Spacers helped it as it got rid that of throttle slackness, so the wee blip was easier. You soon get accustomed to it. I also find it behaves better when set to race mode. The throttle response is better, altho I may just be imagining it. Mine is permo in race mode. Other modes are rather pointless. Rain mode feels like the bikes broken and road mode feels wooly. I also find the DES needs to be one setting harder all round to get rid of the squatting. I also have EBC at 1 and DTC at 2. I cant recall ABS setting but I think I left it alone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. totally agree. The bike was clearly designed to run properly- that is race mode. The other two modes are just two fudges to reduce the hp but actually make the bike more difficult to ride!

12. Dont you get the exact same power in Street and Race. It’s the power delivery that’s different?

13. Thats what it feels like to me, altho it may just be me. Its all subjective, but if just 'felt' different. Im not actually sure if the delivery in either mode is different or its just a placebo.

14. No, you’re right. It does feel sharper in race compared to sport mode.

I ride in race for this reason hence why I was confused with what happened to me (opening post).

Will try the blipping thing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information