1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Start Issues With Quad Lock Wireless Charging Head

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ian King, May 4, 2021.

1. I recently fitted a Quad Lock Wireless Charging Head on my SF V4S directly to the batter (not switched). However, a strange issue arose, the starter motor will not turnover when the phone is on the charger but will do so if removed. I can refit the phone on the charger after the bike has started without problem. Is the ECU sensing a load and prohibiting the starter from enacting?
    Thanks,
    Ian

2. Not come across it before, but there may be interference from the phone that's affecting the antenna reading the key code and not disabling the immobaliser??

3. Thanks, but the phone is on whether charging or not so conditions should be the same.

#3 Ian King, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
  4. Yes, but the proximity of the phone on the charger mount may effect the antenna. Once the bike is started, it's not looking for the key signal any longer.

5. I have the charging mount on my multi, but I power it from the rear USB which is ignition live & my phone can be on the charger charging when I start the bike no problem

6. I have a SF V4S, quad lock and iPhone 12 - not had a problem with it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information