1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Starting To Look At A Multi 1200

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by johnny, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Starting to look at a Multi 1200 as an option. May go 3/4 years old etc. Some questions
    • When did the display go Colour
    • I tested the one when they first came out (2010 ?) did they sort the low end fuel hesitation
    • Did they ever refurb the seat as standard
    • Have the paniers remained the same (side clasps to seal them)
    • Anything major to watch

2. The coloured dash started with the DVT S model in 2015.
    From 2013 the twin-spark engine was much smoother than the 2010 engine.
    Panniers are the same from 2010 up to the DVT, which then changed many things. The side clasp was a successful solution to water ingress on the originals.
    Some 2010 Multis had porous head castings and the 'wrong' coolant and they leaked into the cylinders. They were fixed on a recall and so all should have been done, but check first.
    Typically the first bikes had more teething problems which were sorted, though some niggles remain, like failed tank level senders.
    If you can't afford a 2015 DVT I'd go for a 2013 onwards Twinspark S with Skyhook. A very nice bike with a responsive engine - better than the DVT in that respect in my experience. LED dip beams, one-handed adjustable windscreen. Lots of other worthwhile upgrades in that model.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. What sort of budget could be key?

4. Looking at 10 to 11K ish

5. That may get you into 2015 dvt S territory, which is where I'd be. I don't think they ride massively better than the twin spark, but I do think they are built better and are easier to live with. Keep us updated how you get on. :upyeah:

6. Stretch this a bit and I may have a Pikes Peak 2013 for yer...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Don't stretch it a bit and at £11,000 I know for a DVT 'S' with touring pack :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. A monkey more gets you first dibs at 16 plate DVT with 3475 miles.

9. You selling Gareth?

10. Yeah, thinking of it Wayne. Waiting for Riders to get back to me.

11. I remembered what I like about you lot.........

12. Johnny, FYI the going rate for a PX on a 2015 DVT is around £9500, so you have plenty in the pot to grab a good one. There are lots around with the lure of the 1260 and the end of 2 year PCP deals. Get the S with Skyhook and the Touring pack. The heated grips are weak but the panniers are good. As is the coloured dash and upgrades to numerous to mention (or at least, I'm too lazy to bring them to mind:yum)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Just to remind you, the 2015-18 DVT is a totally different bike from the 2010-14 Multi. Different frame and subframe, different cylinder heads, different tank seat screen and bodywork, different wheels, suspension and brakes, different controls dash and electronics. It was rather cheeky of Ducati still to call the new bike an MTS1200 as though it was the same as the previous model.

14. Don't know if I mentioned this but mines a 66 plate with 3,200 on the clock :):):)

15. That’s a deal and a half, I can only offer a 16 plate with Skyhook, heated grips and colour display.

Oh well perhaps I shall have to keep it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Not really sure of your point ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks Guys, I have seen dealer DVTs at 2015 coming in at 10K. First I need a big road test to ensure back and and comfort

• Like Like x 2
  18. I wouldn't worry if it was dealer or one of the guys above, as some of the above still have factory warranty, not some shonky 3rd party one from a local bodgit and scarper, so if you could get one inside of two years old just for a short period of piece of mind ?? Food for thought maybe......

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I'd forgot about that Wayne :upyeah:
    Two and a half years left. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. You had a 4 year warranty Gareth?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information