1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering Damper Upgrade..

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ashley600, Apr 19, 2018.

1. so my damper is knacked and pissed its oil on the bike,,, does anyone know of a aftermarket damper that will slide nicely into the bracket already on the bike?

the diameter of the oem damper is 20mm hyperpros are 24mm so that's a no

2. Your have to change the bracket with most after market dampers unless you replace with what you got.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. finding one for a streetfighter seems to carry a premium for some reason, was pricing up a bitubo £350 for most duc's but streetfighter £440??

4. Brackets aren't that expensive mate, I've got hyperpro dampers on both my Ducati and gsxr track bike .

5. hyperpro don't make a kit for the streetfighter..

6. I bought the Ohlins kit for the Streetfighter. It comes with the bracket to bolt to the top clamp and uses the original fixed arm to locate to.

• Like Like x 2
  7. cant find anyone with stock on the ohlins,, found a matris which will bolt on

8. Perfect thanks robarano.

9. Correct. The standard steering damper is unadjustable and pretty basic. Saying that, it does the job. I bought mine just as much for the bling tbh. :innocent:

IMG_4788s.jpg

10. Hmmm, thanks for the photo. I actually have three of those dampers, maybe I will be lucky and find a bracket from Ducabike or somewhere!

11. Ducabike sell a nice one for the SFS

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information