1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Steering Damper Upgrade

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jd86, May 16, 2018.

1. Looking for some info, whats the best steering damper to upgrade to from the standard one please?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah iv been looking at them onthere site, was just asking before i go buy 1 and theres other options! Cheers

3. I’ve got the ohlins can’t say it made any noticeable difference but looks really nice and is adjustable for Trackdays etc

• Like Like x 1
  4. There is always k tech
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is that your bike?

How do you find the ktech cartridges?

6. Only just finished rebuilding the bike so cannot comment on the cartridge kit yet, but feedback on the ktech stuff is always pretty good, i have the rear shock fitted also but that had to be rebuilt as it was leaking :upyeah:

7. ive got the shock and its great but cant get away with the BPF so dont know whether to service and re-valve and re-spring them or just get a cartridge kit

8. I did have ohlins front and rear on my old 899 and it was sublime, if you are planning on keeping the bike long term i would go cartridge kit.

9. yeah im keeping it long term and have spent enough on it so far so another grand wont make much difference!

10. are yours the RDS kit or IDS kit?

wondering why the adjusters are different colour I take it the black one is comp and silver is rebound?

I think the rebound was on the bottom of the fork on the RDS?

11. Yes mate, damp and rebound match the colours on the rear shock to make it fool proof :upyeah:, tbh not sure what kit Isis as it was on the bike when I got it.

12. i think that might be the IDS kit (which is more expensive i think)

The one i was looking at was the RDS kit which has the rebound on the bottom of the fork.

I would be interested to see how you find it

Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information