1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sticker Removal

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Leesey, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Hi

I am going to be removing the stickers from the motorbike. By stickers I mean the non standard ones on the nose cone.
    How is it best to do it I have debadged a lot of cars in the past using a hair dryer then using glue and tar remover or a similar product to remove the residue is it the same process for the stickers on a bike?

thanks in advance Jon

F14D5333-1B57-44F0-9FD0-4A565DBC3884.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Trickling hot or recently boiled water from the kettle over them as you go works well.

3. Hair-dryer which should take a fair few minutes to get just right, moving over a wide area. So that you can peak it off in one nice go. Though not a heat gun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Take the mirrors off, use a hair drier and be very patient and work progressively with the heat. Be careful with the bit between the lights and make sure it is warm there otherwise it may take the top coat off

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Just do it the same way as cars but be aware the white number board is slightly thicker so will require a bit more patience and effort

6. Patience and effort? bugger that, use a hammer and chisel instead!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pray that they have not lacquered up to the edges of the stickers or it’s respray time (or new stickers).

8. I lost my top coat doing this very job a couple of years ago no amount of heat or patience helped but on the upside I got the pristine front I wanted ! Good luck on it !

9. The white one at the front is peeing between the lights so I’m hoping I won’t have to many issues

10. Peeing between the lights....that’s outrageous

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information