1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Stock End Cans From 996 Fit 996 S?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by crowned, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Hi-

Do the stock aluminum end cans from a 996 / 748 /916 fit the fatter downpipes on a 996 S ?

I am looking at a 996 S with carbon slip-ons but I think I will need stock alloy cans in order to get it MOT'd.

I think the 996 S is 50mm, and the others are 45mm, but I'm not sure what exactly I should be buying / what wil lfit ?

Thanks !

2. 45mm pipes fit 45mm collectors, 50mm pipes fit 50mm collectors. You probably have a 50mm system. If your cans have visible 'not for road use markings' cover the marking with a piece of tape or reverse the strap if its engraved on the end straps. If the tester says its too loud find somewhere else. In 13 mots I have had on my 748 with 'unmarked' race cans fitted and 4 on my 999 with a piece of alloy tape over the race termis 'for race use only' engraving they have all passed with no comment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Totally agree with the above post.
    As long as it doesn't say "Not for road use" or "Race use only" you should be fine. At the most you will have noisy exhaust pipe as an advisory or a note on the MOT, but it's not a fail.

4. Yep, as above.
    Find another MOT garage, I used to get my Monster S4 with 'Race Use Only' Termi's pass every time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information